These new artist colors, metallics and mediums are perfect for the intermediate level artist. The paints are medium bodied with a satin sheen that provide excellent coverage. They are light-fast and heavily pigmented. They may be used alone or with mediums. Water based and non-toxic. May be used on wood, canvas, terra cotta, paper, unglazed ceramic and styrofoam.
White acrylic paste “WhiteGesso” water based acrylic dispersion for priming canvas, fabric, cardboard, papier mache, wood surfaces, fiberboard under the oil, acrylic, tempera, gouache, paint sprays, water-soluble and alcoholic inks. Before use, “White Gesso” mix thoroughly, if necessary dilute with water. Apply with a brush, palette knife or roller. After drying the surface can be polished.
Features of application:
Apply at temperatures above 5C.
Store in a tightly closed container at a temperature above 5C.
After contact with skin wash off with warm water and soap.
After finishing, rinse tools and containers with warm water and soap.
Do not give to children under 14 years.
Prima Marketing-Art Basics Heavy Gesso. White, opaque, matte and ground acrylic! Works well on canvas, wood, paper, metal, chipboard, fabric, plastic and more! Dries quickly. Works well for a variety of color products providing a smooth, non-yellowing, chalky background. Gesso is water-based, but permanent and flexible after drying. Will mix with pigments, or acrylic paints, to create a range of customized, colored grounds. This package contains one 8.5oz jar of heavy gesso. Archival safe. Non-toxic. Conforms to ASTM D4236. Imported.
White “Gesso” coating based on aqueous acrylic dispersion and titanium whitewash, intended for priming canvas, fabric, cardboard, papier mâché, polystyrene, wooden surfaces, DVP for oil, acrylic, tempera, gouache, spray paints, water-soluble and alcohol-inks . Before use, “Gesso” thoroughly mix, if necessary, diluted with water. Apply with a brush, palette knife or roller. After complete drying, the surface can be sanded. Paste consumption of approximately 100g per 1m2.
- Apply at a temperature not lower than +5 degrees C.
- Store in tightly closed containers at a temperature not lower than + 5C.
- After contact with skin, rinse with warm water and soap.
- Tools, containers and workplace after the end of the process, wash with warm water until the soil dries.
- For children over 14 years old.
- Volume: 150 ml.
- Prima Marketing-Finnabair Art Ingredients Mini Art Stones. These white, light-weight stones which are a great for use with gesso, gels and pastes to create a customized dimensional effect. This package contains 7.77oz of mini art stones. Non-toxic. Archival quality. Imported.
The paper pad is perfect for all your mixed media projects! Use with wet or dry mediums including watercolor, paint, gesso, art crayons, pen, pencil and more. This package contains one paper pad with 12 12×12 inch sheets. Acid free. Archival quality. 140lb or 255gsm paper so perfect for handelling wet mediums and mixed media
loving the colours in this tag, a project for Thompsons craft supplies.
for this project i used ……
Dina Wakley acrylic paint- ocean
13 arts fine grit
finnabair mettalique wax firebird
mitform metal embellishment – ships wheel
i also used imagination crafts mix media ink spray light green, some mdf pieces, some real shells from a lovely visit to the beach last year, white gesso and heavy paste.
to start i put a layer of gesso and dried it, then added the heavy paste , when this was dry i started adding my elements using gel medium as my glue, the cheesecloth, mdf pieces, shells and the mitform ships wheel.i gesso’d it all and left it to dry.
i then added some gel medium here and there and sprinkled with the grit.
when this was all dry i coloured using the ink spray and paint, when that was dry i dry brushed with some gesso.
i dry brushed with the firebird wax and added the gold dots.
lastly i added my title that i sponged with white gesso and edged with the firebird wax.
Curiosity-Mixed Media Canvas
This is the first of our kits designed to be accompanied with a free online demo. This class will be a mixed media scrapbook page. The demo will be available on our dedicated kit demo page on Facebook at:
Please follow the page and details of when the demos will be will be announced on there.
- 2 x 12×12 AB studio papers from the Emerald Queen range – 1 cut apart sheet and 1 background paper
- 1 x Fabrika Decoru metallic paint in silver
- 1 x Fabrika Decoru rustic paint in malachite
- 1 x Fabrika Decoru chipboard wreath frame and floral set
- 1 x Hobbilicious lightweight craftboard frame
- 1 x Hobbilicious lightweight craftboard blossom set
- 1 x Hobbilicious mini stencil
- selection of flowers and leaves, 21 in total – flowers in white so you can customise the colour with sprays, paints etc if desired.
If you are wishing to join in the demo further items we will be using not in the kit include:
- You could gesso your chipbosrds if desired. With these particular paints it isnt necessary as they are thick
- A photo if wanting to use one. Any size is ok, but you may want a smaller size to sit on your frame. So you could go square or round 2 or 3 inches. Don’t worry as i say we can make any size work.
- Basic supplies such a scissors, double sided tape or glue, foam squares/ chipboard for layering, paint brushes, water pot for brushes.
. palette knife – we have these ones https://thompsonscraftsupplies.com/product/plastic-palette-knives-5-pkg/
. 3D gel – my favourite are https://thompsonscraftsupplies.com/product/3d-texture-gel-small-30ml-perfect-add-for-kits/ or https://thompsonscraftsupplies.com/product/3d-texture-gel/ and https://thompsonscraftsupplies.com/product/finnabair-art-basics-3d-transparent-gloss-gel-8oz/