I love everything about these papers and colours and the flowers,
This week I have used the gorgeous Papers from The Old Manor Collection Mintay Papers. I have used the lace and sisal from my DT Kit stash and with the papers I have used various sized floral dies to cut out some flowers. The beautiful resins I have bought from our Kasia, my fellow design team member. I have created a pleasing composition and used a glue gun to adhere my pieces onto the tag. Hope you like,
I have been working on the transparent base this week. A bit different from my usual base but I really love how it turned out.
I have used 13arts papers rosalie-. I started building my layers. I distressed edges with my scissors and added some distressed ink to make it a bit vintage look.
I used some sisal and MDF flowers and a craftboard bug from Hobbilicious.
Finally I used some firebird wax to add some colour.
I am looking forward to work again with transparent bases… Happy crafting. Kasia
Just look at all this stunning work Kasia has made
For full pictorial details and info on what was used visit:
With all the uncertainty and anxiety at the moment with the lockdown etc, I am definitley feeling THANKFUL and I thought that could be the theme of my next piece of work. Here I have use a HUGE tag its actually 25cm x12cm so its a big one!
This is my DT project for Thompson Crafts
Hugs Aly xxx
You will need –
Distress Stain – Fired Brick
What you will need to do –
Adhere the Paper to the tag that you would like as the background
Using a stencil, smooch through some texture paste
Using a script stencil and some black soot ink create some interest by inking through with Black Soot Distress Ink
Colour up 2 small mdf hearts with the distress Ink Stain in Fired Brick
Cut out your floral elements that you would like on your tag, I have used AB STUDIO sheet 6 Feel It and Amazing Flowers
Arrange your elements into a pleasing orientation then using a glue gun and wet glue adhere your elements as you wish
Add Sisal and Cheescloth in areas for texture and interest.
Using wet glue in a couple of areas add some glitter for effect too
Finally add a sentiment and ribbon to your tag
Next i did some stenciling. I mixed a custom paste using Finnabair light paste with magic paint in rose gold and used the Finnabair gothic stencil. When you dry this paste it puffs up nicely and is described as a marshmallow texture. I had a little paste left on the stencil so flipped it over and pushed it the other way through the stencil using some kitchen roll.
This was now quite a bold colour and i wanted to bring it to more of a vintage, rust feel. I therefore added matte waxes in rusty red, rusty brown and old white.
I wanted to start building my layers now. I chose some of my embellishments made with Prima moulds and modeling material and some cogs from Hobilicious. I covered these with black gesso from Fabrika Decoru.
I attached these to the tag using some offcut chipboard pieces and some Prima 3d gel
I coloured the cogs using the same waxes
I then added light touches of metallique paint to give a slight rusty shine.
I created a title for my tag using the new Tiny Text stamp set from Tim Holtz / Stampers Anonymous and inked with my favourite versafine clair ink in nocturne. I used paper from AB studio Neverland range.
I mounted the stamped piece on chipboard scraps using the 3D gel again and finished with splatters of watered down white gesso.
Watch it here:
Hi it’s Lou here. Today I fancied doing a favourite theme of mine, steampunk.
I began by adding a crackle effect to my Woodouts tag.
To do this, I began by coating the tag in a layer of white gesso. Next you add a layer of paint. This layer can be any type of acrylic paint. I choose a brown impasto paint.
Next is the crackle glaze. I used one from Fabrika Decoru. The thicker you apply it the wider and larger the crackle. Thinner will lead to smaller, finer crackle. Don’t put on too thick or it won’t dry properly. To allow for the most effective crackles, let it dry naturally.
Once this is dry, you now need to apply a 2nd coat of acrylic. This must not be metallic or it will not crackle and try to paint in one direction and not to keep going over the area so that it can work best or you will prevent the crackles. Aim for one swift brush stoke in one direction. Leave this to dry naturally until you have the desired crackles then you can finish the drying with a heat gun. I chose linen impasto paint for my 2nd layer to contrast the darker 1st coat.
Next I wanted to really work on the colours and make an interesting back ground. I built up different layers of paint using deco art media fluids in burnt umber and raw sienna, finnabair sparks in raven and fabrika decoru metallic paint in peach.
I contrasted matte and metallic paints and light and dark colours to give a look of depth.
My tag was now ready for assembly. I fussy cut element from AB Studio Steampunk Love sheet. To match the colours better to my tag, I smushed some oxide inks in gathered twigs and forest moss onto my mat and applied to the die cuts with a baby wipe and dried them. I added to my tag at different height by using scraps of chipboard and Fabrika Decoru 3D gel
I wanted to add a bit more texture and interest. I used the 3D gel again and sprinkled some micro beads around areas of the die cuts. The gel will dry clear so don’t worry if you can see parts of it still.
To finish, I always like to add a title or phrase to my work. I backed some prima word stickers onto some tim holtz paper. I left a wider border, cut them out and mounted onto foam an added to my tag.
And with that, my tag was complete. Here are some close ups.